Translate

Recipes: Sweet Chicken with Pineapple and Cherries


I love cooking especially from scratch. Boxed processed food is alright sometimes but with my allergies it's to hard to buy stuff on the shelves. I am allergic to MSG, sulfites and some wheat products. Plus I have been watching what I have been eating with my family for the last 2 year and lost over 65lbs. I am so happy looking at the scale and it's under 200. I have a long way to go but its the path is so much better than the one I was in before

I love sesame chicken but it's loaded with stuff I can't have, so I made my own version of it which can be made by anyone especially people with gluten. 

Sweet Chicken with Pineapple and Cherries
By Lucy Chesna

Ingredients
3-4 pieces of skinless chicken breast
1 cup of cornstarch (or flour)
1/2 of soy sauce
Salt and Pepper
1 can of Pineapple Chunks
1/2 jar of Maraschino Cherries (no pits or stems)
1/4 cup of Brown sugar
1/2 cup of Water
Sesame seeds (optional)
Peanuts (optional)

* You can bake it or fry it up 

Directions
Step One: Cut up chicken into small pieces. Please the chicken in a bowl and add the soy sauce, salt and pepper. Let it marinate for 20 minutes.

Step Two: In a zip lock bag add the cornstarch then the chicken (drain the soy sauce from the bowl) and shake it till the chicken is completely covered. Take it out of the bag onto a tray or dish and let it rest for a minute or two.

Step Three: In the meantime, warm up the vegetable oil in the pan or turn on the oven (350 F). If you are frying it then add the oil less than half way. If you bake it, then let it bake for about 15 minutes or till the chicken golden color.


Step Four: Add the chicken, pineapple, cherries, brown sugar and water to the pan


Step Five: Stir the ingredients together till the brown sugar caramelizes. You may need to add a little more brown sugar and water if you feel its needs it.  You can add peanuts and sesame seeds right after before you serve it with rice.

Thanks for looking and enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Tania Ridgwell said...

Oh my yummy recipe and it looks delicious. Thanks for sharing. BL

Jean said...

Looks delicious! I might have to try this! BL

Lisa aka Raining said...

Great recipe! bl

Lynn Murphy said...

Looks yummy!! BL