3 hours ago
A Walk Down Memory Lane DT Call
We are so excited to announce that we are looking for 4 designers for our March 2012 – August 2012 team!! The call is open from January 20th through February 10th. We will be announcing the new design team on our blog and newsletter on February 15th.
So WHO are we looking for?
We are looking for inspiring designers who are creative, ambitious and who can design with our products from the store. We are looking for designers who can display the following:
- Open communication skills
- Unique individual style
- Individuals that can display flexibility, teamwork and cooperation
- Ability to display and teach different techniques
- Ability to create layouts from a basic to a more advanced skill level
- Creativity in the use of our products to help promote A Walk Down Memory Lane
- Ability to teach online classes and write up instructions, video tutorials are a plus!
- Must be able to work within deadlines and under pressure
- Copic Certified designer is a plus
What do I need to Apply?
1) We would like you to submit Three (3) original layouts and one paper craft project that best represent you and your style. Acceptable paper craft projects would be altered items, cards, mini albums, etc. All submitted items must be your own design (they don’t have to be made specifically for this call) and e-mailed to DesignTeamCall@awalkdownmemorylane.net
2) Active participation on message boards and in galleries is important and will be considered when we chose our team. You will also be required to have an active blog
What to include in your Application besides your projects?
* Your name, address, e-mail address
* Links to online communities (forums, message boards, galleries) in which you are active in and regularly post to. Please include all links.
* Link to your blog where you post your scrappy/stamp/paper craft creations.
* Links to other design Teams you are currently on, and scrapbook resume (if you have one). Prior design team experience is not required, however, preference may be given to those who are not committed to another DT. If you are currently on a design team please include how long you've been there, and when your term will end, also include your title there (for example: DT coordinator, strictly LO designer, etc) Also Let us know if you've been published and where (here's your chance to TOOT!).
* Answers to the “Time to get to know you” questions below.
* A headshot and bio for our website and newsletter announcement
Time to get to know you!!!
Please include your answer the following questions in your email submission:
- How would you or others describe your style?
- What is both your strengths and weaknesses when designing?
- Why do you want to be a part of our design team?
- How much time would you be able to devote to your duties at A Walk Down Memory Lane
- Give us your best idea for promotion our store. (ie. Blog hop, advertising in a magazine, etc.)
- Do you have a unique skill (for example, do you create sketches or make handmade scrappy items?)
- What is your favorite food?
- Give us an example of an online class that you could and would be willing to teach (you do not need to provide a write up or sample for this call!)
Now for the Nitty Gritty...What you’ll do as a DT member:
1) Your DT term would be from March 2012 – August 2012 .
2) Each month you must, create, at minimum 4 layouts & 1-2 papercraft projects. Your work must be sent in via email by the 25th of each month. You will be responsible for ordering your own products from the store and making sure that you have enough time to get your assignments done for your deadlines.
3) Post your DT layouts on galleries and blogs throughout the web, whenever possible, link to AWDML. Watch other promotion Message Boards and Blogs for product chats and talk us up where possible.
4) Participate in Facebook and blog discussions on a regular basis and keep the Facebook page going by regularly posting new topics, games, challenges, tips & tricks, project examples, etc.
5) Newsletter participation is a must, you must sign up monthly for at least two newsletter articles per month (product highlight, small project with instructions, sketches, etc)
6) You must have a “scrapblog” or a blog that you talk about scrapping on and update it regularly each week with a post about projects you’ve used from the store, featured manufacturer, or whatever. We ask that you also have links to our site and your DT blinkie on your blog and other sites where allowable.
7) Be the eyes and ears for AWDML online, finding new inspiration or ideas and sharing them to help our community grow.
8) Each DT member will be required to post to the AWDML DT blog once per week. You will also be required to post a class and a challenge once a month. We will have a rotating schedule so you don’t have to do BOTH in one week.
9) You will be responsible for weekly posts on our Facebook page
10) You must sign and return the AWDML DT contract before your DT term begins.
What do you get in return?
- As a design team Member you will receive your choice of product, with a $30 value, from AWDML.com free of charge, including free shipping.
- As a design team Member you will receive a package of featured manufacturer goodies each month free of charge to send out to RAK winners from your blog.
- DT Members receive 30% off of orders placed in the www.AWDML.com store (up to $50 per month) and free shipping on those orders as long as they are shipped with their monthly DT package.
- DT Members bio and head shot will be featured on our design team page.
- DT Members designs will be featured in our weekly newsletter.
- DT Members blogs will be linked from both the AWDML store blog.
- DT Members will receive 5% of sales that originate with their blog, IF they sign up with our affiliate program.
** Important information regarding international applicants
International designers, if you are chosen you will be responsible for paying the shipping difference each month, and please keep in mind that we do expect you to keep with existing deadlines.
Please e-mail any questions and submissions to DesignTeamCall@awalkdownmemorylane.net
Link to site http://www.awdml.com/